Now through April 17
Earth Day Youth Art Contest
Join the Museum of Science in celebrating Earth Day, April 22, 2021!
Now through Saturday, April 17th, we are accepting 2-D digital art entries from K–12 students for our Earth Day Youth Art Contest. Please read and follow the rules and art submission instructions below to participate.
- Youth Artists must be in Grades K-12.
- All entries must be two dimensional and original artwork.
- All artwork should relate to this year’s Earth Day Theme: Restore Our Earth
- Entries must be received by Saturday, April 17th. Late entries will not be judged.
- Entries will be divided into the following grade categories:
- Kindergarten – 2nd Grade
- 3rd Grade – 5th Grade
- 6th Grade – 8th Grade
- 9th Grade – 12th Grade
- Artists with Special Talents: This is an optional category for K–12 artists with special needs that prefer to submit their artwork in a different category than their current grade.
- Judges will use a rubric to determine a winner from each category. Artwork will be judged on:
- Expression of topic or theme (Restore Our Earth)
- Impact and originality
- Craft, composition, and design
- There will also be a Popular Vote Winner that will go to the artwork with the highest number of “likes” on the Museum of Science’s Facebook from April 18th – April 21st.
- Winners will be announced on Earth Day, Thursday, April 22nd, 2021. Winner’s artwork will be shared on the Museum of Science’s social media pages and website. All artwork will be uploaded to the Museum of Science’s Facebook. Some submitted artwork will be on digital display at the Museum of Science on the Gordon Current Science and Technology Stage between Monday, April 19th and Sunday April 25th.
- Winners will receive a four pack of exhibit hall admission tickets to the Museum of Science or a Museum Gift Shop prize bag.
- Submission of the artwork grants the Museum a non-exclusive, royalty-free license to publish your student’s/child’s artwork in our educational and promotional print and digital materials, and on social media. All published artwork will be credited "Artist’s Name.”
Art Submission Instructions:
- Art submissions should be submitted to the appropriate category using the Google Form below.
- Each artist is only allowed one art submission.
- If you are submitting art on behalf of multiple children, please fill out a separate entry form for each child.
- When filling out the entry form please be sure to upload your photo of the artwork to the correct folder corresponding to the grade of the artist.
- Art submissions should be a high-quality scan of the artwork or a digital file (JPEG or PNG preferred) with 300 dpi. The Museum maintains the ability to not accept submissions that are blurry, difficult to view, or not on theme.
Recommended for: Grades K – 12 and adults