Traveling Programs Scholarships
Thanks to generous support from our funders, we are able to grant scholarships for school programs to qualified applicants each year. Traveling Programs scholarships are made possible by:
- Boston Athletic Association
- Lowell Institute
- National Grid
- William Randolph Hearst Foundation
How to Apply
To apply, download the School Program Funding Application form (PDF)
Make sure you save the file to your computer first. Then fill out the saved form completely, save your changes, and email it to us.
Scholarships are awarded based on the following criteria and considerations:
- Funding is intended for schools with limited financial support from parent-teacher groups, corporations, and cultural councils. At least 25% of the students must receive free/reduced lunch; this will be verified with your state's department of education.
- Schools with a F/R Lunch percentage of 25-29% can request up to 50% funding; 30-34% up to 75% funding; and 35% or higher, full funding.
- Scholarships must be requested before a Traveling Program is reserved.
- Funded school programs must be held in September, October, November and December.
- In the application, it is mandatory to include some basic information about other enrichment programs this grade receives and how they are funded.
- A scholarship request is limited to a single grade with a minimum of 40 students. In addition, the Traveling Program chosen must address a topic that the involved students will encounter as part of that year's curriculum. In the application, it is mandatory to include a link to your school's curriculum as documentation.
- Schools must have an adequate space for the program, and the room will need to be completely reserved for the duration of our visit. Examine the space requirements on the Museum's Web page for the Traveling Program you are interested in to make certain your school has enough space.
- A school can apply for two scholarships each school year.
- Schools more than 130 miles away from the Museum will need to collaborate with another school in their vicinity to make the trip more cost-effective.
- Traveling Programs are meant to be a long-term resource for teachers, and scholarships can be renewed every year that funding is available. Scholarship priority is given to established school partners, as consistent enrichment programming is most effective.
- If you have any questions regarding the scholarship process, please contact us at email@example.com or at 617-589-0354. It is our intention to provide as much funding as possible to those who need it most. For sites that do not qualify for funding, we have discounts that can help make a program more affordable — see our catalog for details.