- Traveling Program
- Offering Format: For school groups
- Recommended for grades 6 – 8
- 50 minutes
- Capacity of 25 students plus teacher per session
- 1 – 8 sessions per day
- Requirements: An empty 25' x 25' x 11' space to inflate each STARLAB (1 - 4 sessions per day uses one, 5 - 8 sessions per day requires two). Multi-grade level bookings are not permitted unless school can show proof of curriculum. Reservation required.
- Information and reservations: 617-589-0354 or email@example.com
Share with Your Friends
Bring a dark, cloudless night sky to your school day with our portable STARLAB planetarium. These programs present a realistic model of the night sky over your school’s town on the day we visit. With the addition of video images and simulations, students get a close look at some of the most distant objects that can be seen from Earth.
Discover how the relationships between the Earth, the Moon, and the Sun cause the phases of the Moon as well as solar and lunar eclipses. Observe the plane of our galaxy, the Milky Way, in the model sky, and learn why it looks the way it does. Explore galaxies outside our own, and see just how big and far away they really are. Learn how looking into deep space gives us a glimpse into the history of the universe.
Photo © TMP Images
Fee: $375 for 1 session, $75 for additional same-day sessions. Travel fees may apply.