- Traveling Program
- Offering Format: For school groups
- Recommended for grades 3 – 5
- 50 minutes
- Capacity of 25 students plus teacher per session
- 1 – 8 sessions per day
- Requirements: An empty 25' x 25' x 11' space to inflate each Starlab (1 - 4 presentations per day uses one, 5 - 8 presentations per day requires two). Multi-grade level bookings are not permitted unless school can show proof of curriculum. Reservation required.
- Information and reservations: 617-589-0354 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Share with Your Friends
Bring a dark, cloudless night sky to your school day with our portable STARLAB planetarium. These programs present a realistic model of the night sky over your school’s town on the day we visit. With the addition of video images and simulations, students get a close look at some of the most distant objects that can be seen from Earth.
Explore the model sky as it changes due to the effects of the Earth’s rotation and orbit. Observe the Moon in its present phase, and discuss how it changes over time. Learn which planets are currently visible, how to find them, and the reasons for the recent controversy over how a planet is defined.
Photo © Brilliantpictures.com
Fee: $375 for 1 session, $75 for additional same-day sessions. Travel fees may apply.