- Traveling Program
- Offering Format: For school groups, special event organizers, and youth/scout groups
- Recommended for grades K – 2
- 45 minutes
- Capacity of 100 students and teachers per session
- 1 – 4 sessions per day
- Requirements: Gym, auditorium, cafeteria, or other large, assembly-appropriate space. Reservation required.
- Information and reservations: 617-589-0354 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Share with Your Friends
Through a series of demonstrations, students examine the properties of electricity and magnetism and learn how the two are related. Volunteers hold magnets so powerful that their like poles cannot be pushed together, then test a variety of metals for magnetism, resulting in some unexpected surprises! They’ll even learn how electricity is similar to, and can create, magnetism.
Fee: $400 for 1 session, $250 for additional same-day sessions. Travel fees may apply.
Photo © Matt Pacewicz