Hall of Human Life Program Presenter (Four Shifts Available)
DescriptionThe Hall of Human Life Program Presenter will assist the other Interpretation staff in the Hall of Human Life in providing hands-on, inquiry and design-based learning experiences for Museum visitors. Help visitors explore topics of human biology related to the HHL by providing guidance with exhibit components and offering access to tools and props that will enhance their experience and help them make meaningful connections. Engage visitors in investigations that encourage them to use the skills of scientific inquiry. Assist in the daily operation of the Interpreter Program including training, supervising, and mentoring of the volunteers.
- Oversee, schedule and train approximately 5-8 Volunteers per shift, two shifts/day for a minimum of 104 shifts/year.
- Conduct an observational review every 2 months to ensure that volunteers are able to successfully speak on topics related to the HHL exhibit.
- Post high school course work, technical degree, associates degree or business certificate preferred.
- More than 6 months of biology experience.
The open shifts are part-time, 8 hours/week, on Tuesdays, Wendesdays and Fridays 9:00am-5:00pm and Friday evenings 4:00pm-8:30pm. Each shift will require one additional training day during the week for the first six weeks. Please apply for one shift.
Non-Exempt (Hourly). Commensurate with experience.
Benefits and Perks
How To Apply
In order to be considered for a position, please email email@example.com with the following:
- The exact position title in the subject line
- A resumé and cover letter
Emails are preferred and can be processed more quickly. However, we are also able to accept cover letters and resumés by mail or fax if necessary:
Mail to:Human Resources Museum of Science Science Park Boston, MA 02114
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Museum of Science seeks to recruit, hire, develop, promote, and retain individuals from racially and culturally diverse backgrounds and persons with disabilities. We strive to create and sustain a more affirming environment for all staff, interns, volunteers, trustees and overseers. We value expertise gained at the Museum and encourage professional development and career growth.