Visiting Tips for Members
Follow these tips to make the most of your visit to the Museum of Science!
Before Your Visit
- Ensure your membership is valid. If necessary, renew before you arrive and avoid the lines!
- Order tickets in advance. Shows can sell out quickly, especially around the holidays and during school vacation weeks. We strongly recommend advance reservations to avoid disappointment. It's easy, and members never pay a service charge (remember: discount passes, coupons, and bonus passes can only be redeemed by phone).
Parking and Getting Here
- Check out Museum garage prices, hours, and special notices. Bring your parking ticket inside the Museum for payment at the automated kiosks as you leave. Members receive a discount!
- Occasionally, we may have to close the garage temporarily on very busy days until space becomes available. For safety reasons, cars cannot be permitted to wait in the driveway or on the highway. If you have passengers with special needs, you may drop them off at the main entrance to the Museum.
- During school vacation weeks and other predictably busy times, we suggest taking public transportation. Visit our directions page to see how convenient it is (there is a T station located directly across the street). If you will be driving, we recommend arriving earlier or later in the day for the best parking availability.
- Allow yourself sufficient time to park, pick up your tickets, and get to your show, as late entries are not permitted. If the Museum garage is full, public parking garages are located at the CambridgeSide Galleria mall or the TD Garden. However, membership discounts are only applicable in the Museum garage.
At the Museum
- Bring your valid membership card with you (but if you forget it you can always get a temporary one at the Membership Booth).
- Present it at the Exhibit Halls entrance for immediate entry.
- Show it in the store and café for your 10% discount.
- Use it at the parking kiosks for your Museum garage discount.
- Why wait in line? If you are using a credit card, you may purchase tickets for all venues directly from the kiosks in the main lobby. Please note: the ticket kiosks cannot accept discount passes, coupons, or bonus passes.
- Make sure to bring your bonus passes with you, as we are unable to track their usage in our systems. We regret that missing passes cannot be replaced. The passes must be exchanged at the Membership Booth for tickets.
- Go directly to the Membership Booth to purchase or pick up pre-ordered tickets or memberships.
Photo © Michael Malyszko