Celebrating New England’s Breakthrough Inventions and Inventors
Invented Here! honors New England’s newest and most innovative technologies. Through the program, the Museum hopes to encourage future generations of inventors and entrepreneurs by sharing ground-breaking technologies that shape the way people interact with each other and with the world around them, fulfill important individual and social needs in novel ways, or ensure a more sustainable future for humanity and the environment. In this way, Invented Here! plays an integral role in the Museum’s mission to transform the nation’s relationship with science and technology.
Honorees are selected from nominations submitted by corporations, law firms, research labs, and colleges and universities throughout New England.
Invented Here! is presented in collaboration with the Boston Patent Law Association.
The 2013 Featured Honorees Daniel Ryan, Pratheev Sreetharan, Qing Hu, and Jackson Madnick. Copyright © Pat Piasecki Photography
Save the Date!
September 18, 2014
To learn more about corporate sponsorship opportunities available for Invented Here!, please contact Liz Callanan, 617-589-0236.
- Aaron Ganick and Daniel Ryan (ByteLight, Inc.) – Light Positioning System Using Digital Pulse Recognition
- Qing Hu and Alan Lee (MIT) – Terahertz Quantum Cascade Lasers and Real-Time Terahertz Imaging
- Jackson Madnick (Pearl’s Premium, Inc.) – Low-Maintenance Lawn Seed Mixture
- Museum Staff Favorite: Pratheev Sreetharan, John Whitney, and Robert Wood (President and Fellows of Harvard College) – Monolithic Fabrication of Three-Dimensional Structures (aka “Robobees”)
- Hugh Herr (MIT/iWalk) – Power-Foot BiOM
- Bob Rabiner (IlluminOss Medical) – Bone Stabilizing System
- Bien Chann (MIT) – Wavelength Beam Combining
- Oliver Peoples (Metabolix) – Biodegradable plastic
- Yet-Ming Chiang (MIT/A123 Systems) – Improved lithium-ion batteries
- John McBean & Kailas Narendran (Myomo) – Powered orthotic device