Celebrating New England’s Breakthrough Inventions and Inventors
Invented Here! honors New England’s newest and most innovative technologies. By celebrating these inventions — and the people and stories behind them — the program hopes to encourage future generations of inventors and entrepreneurs.
Through the program, the Museum recognizes breakthrough technologies that shape the way people interact with each other and with the world around them, fulfill important individual and/or social needs in novel ways, and ensure a more sustainable future for humanity and the environment.
Candidates for Invented Here! are selected from a field of nominees submitted by corporations, law firms, research labs, and colleges and universities throughout New England. Up to twelve finalists may be selected, and from those finalists three honorees will be chosen.
To learn more about corporate sponsorship opportunities available for Invented Here!, please contact Liz Callanan, 617-589-0236.
Copyright © Pat Piasecki Photography
Save the Date!
Invented Here! will be hosted on Thursday, September 19 at 6:30 pm.
- Hugh Herr (MIT) for Power-Foot BiOM
- Bob Rabiner (IlluminOss Medical) for an innovative bone stabilizing system
- Bien Chann (MIT) for Wavelength Beam Combining
- Oliver Peoples (Metabolix) for bioplastic called Mirel™
- Yet-Ming Chiang (A123 Systems) for improved lithium-ion batteries
- John McBean & Kailas Narendran (Myomo) for a neuro-robotic system